I’m a sucker for anything that reminds me of the 90’s…. movies, music, and a big Y-E-S to any fashion inspired by my favorite decade.
This obviously means that one of my all-time-faves is distressed denim. And, if you're looking for inspiration on how to wear this deconstructed pant, I've rounded up some of my favorite looks. Notice the details... the fit of the clothes, the length of the pants, even the type of shoe. These details are what keep these looks from going sloppy or a litlte too crazy. Although at the end of the day I'm a pretty happy girl if everyone is wearing whatever makes them feel good, so you do you.Preppy Edge. Juliann Hough is frequently seen wearing shredded jeans. Take a note from her look: pair a button up top and tuck it into some perfectly distressed skinny jeans. Finish the look with an easy, relaxed boho bag and booties.
Casual Glam. Priyanka Chopra, from Quantico fame, looks chic in these distressed ankle length jeans. Chopra pairs her rebellious denim with a fitted white top, shaggy black open front blazer and blush pumps. For a finishing touch, her round aviators complete the ensemble.
Easy Breezy. Selena Gomez pairs her loose, boyfriend shredded jeans with a flowy, easy to wear white blouse. You'll notice she has her buttons loosened to help give an even more relaxed look to this simple, yet super stylish outfit.
Have an old pair of jeans you want to convert into a new look? Go ahead and try distressing them!
- Find an old pair of boyfriend or skinny jeans
- Put them on and decide where you want the distressing… placement is important! Think hems, knees, pockets.
- Rub, rub, rub with sandpaper to wear down the fabric
- Shave away with a disposable razor spots where you want holes
- Want a big cut out? Go for it with scissors, but make sure to go over all edges with sandpaper one last time
- Wait for it to get better and better with time!
For more detailed instructions, check out this tutorial that I can't wait to try.