Hello. My name is Courtney. I’m a mother, wife and CEO, and although those are some of my favorite titles there are many more pieces of me. It is also my birthday, so allow me some indulgence as I share a few more FUN things about myself. Because if you know that I have seen every season of The Bachelor and that I know all the lyrics to Hamilton, then we are basically BFFs and we can “be there” for one another from now on.
1. My pixie cut is my super power. I cut my hair off (it use to go down to the middle of my back) 6 years ago. And I swear to you once I “discovered” this crucial element of my signature style, I gained my super power. I am more confident. My business has boomed. I’m a more joyful person. Apparently, I’m the opposite of Samson.
2. I have undying love for Diet Coke…with a lime. Because I’m fancy.
3. I am not a hugger. It's not that I don’t love people and won’t willing give a hug, it’s that I’m basically awkward and if I sense any awkwardness going into a hug, I just bring that out and essentially ruin a perfectly normal situation.
4. I had an imaginary friend named Bella when I was little. She wore a purple dress and had a sidekick named Simon. He wore glasses and a black and white striped shirt. I now have a daughter named Bella. Coincidence? You be the judge. Also, is it fortuitous that I can remember what they wore, but nothing else about our creative interactions?
5. Every year on my birthday I celebrate by buying gas station nachos.
6. I had a huge celebrity crush on Leonardo DiCaprio back in high school. Oh to be a teen girl in 1998!
7. My very favorite place in the whole wide world is the back deck of our home, followed closely by my hometown of Boise, ID.
8. I have no chill. Get use to it, I’m trying to.
9. Other than Haribo Gummy Bears, I don’t like sweets. I don’t know the last time I ate a piece of cake, had a donut or a piece of chocolate. I know, I know. I promise you can still trust me.
10. I believe everyone has a story to tell and a bold life to live. And when we hear someone’s story and learn what they have been through, we can’t help but love them.
11. I’m not great at talking about myself and 36 “things” is way too many.
Your turn! I'd love to hear about you, so share something in the comments below!